The Formula Pro USA Western Championships presented by Exclusive MotorWorks Racing announced their 2019 schedule today. For their sophomore season the series will be visiting Portland International Raceway, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Auto Club Speedway, and Sonoma Raceway.
For 2019, the series has secured a larger mix of exclusive track time. “This upcoming season a majority of the races feature exclusive or semi-exclusive track time for Formula Pro USA drivers,” stated a series official. “Our racers and teams made suggestions, and we acted upon them. The exclusive events will only feature FPU and our partner series FCC cars on track. Our first four races will be like this. The semi-exclusive races will only feature formula cars, and the majority of those cars will be FPU and FCC racers as well.”
To facilitate this kind of exclusivity the series will be hosted by a variety of sanctioning bodies for 2019 including NASA Pro Racing, SCCA, and SVRA. Racers have already started testing for the 2019 season, and the next race on the calendar is the opening weekend of the 2019 Winter Series Championships at Sonoma Raceway in January.
2019 Formula Pro USA Championship (6 weekends, 12 races, 4 different tracks)
- March 16th -17th Sonoma Raceway with NASA Pro Racing (Exclusive group)
- April 26th – 28th Auto Club Speedway with SVRA (Exclusive group)
- May 18th – 19th Portland International Raceway with Oregon Region SCCA
- July 6th – 7th Sonoma Raceway with SFR (Semi-exclusive group)
- July 25th – 28th WeatherTech Laguna Seca Raceway with SFR (Semi-exclusive group)
- August 31 – Sep 1 WeatherTech Laguna Seca Raceway with SFR (Semi-exclusive group)